Sunday, February 17, 2019

Samantha Stephens's "Now You See Me" after Billie Grace Lynn

Alexander Early College instructor, Jane Lucas, shares her student's poem inspired by the BLOW UP artist, Billie Grace Lynn. Samantha Stephens was unable to attend the tour on October 13, 2019.


NOW YOU SEE ME
by Samantha Stephens
after White Elephant by Billie Grace Lynn


Now you see me,
My posture high, robust,
As I reach out with my burly trunk
Emitting such fictitious evocation.
Now you see me
Filled with empowerment,
Audacious and monumental.
Reach out, if you dare.
Feel my solace and shield.
Now you see me
Encompassing more than intuition,
Reaching deep for vitality.
Deliver me from departure.
I am very much treasured
To the point of termination.
For now, you see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melissa Hager's "Love Is" after Sarah Jayne Kennedy

LOVE IS...  by Melissa Hager after Two of Us by Sarah Jayne Kennedy Drawing a line in the sand to judge who's i...