Monday, July 9, 2018

Keith Smith's "Man On The Move" after Sharon McCullough



Keith Smith is photographed reading his poem beside the sculpture that inspired his work at Caldwell Arts Council on June 9, 2018. 



MAN ON THE MOVE (in theory)
by Keith Smith
After Man on the Move by Sharon McCullough

My mind is all awhirl with thoughts of places I could go
But my feet are stuck in stone and they always tell me “no”
Yet I stand upright and hopeful with my legs e’er at the ready
If my body is set free, then I know that I’ll be steady
My arms they stretch to balance if I ever start to move
I want to start my journey so my stature can improve
You can see that I am hopeful with my head in jaunty tilt
But conformity of wiring’s wrapped around it like a quilt
But the thing that I remember most is mind over matter
Even with a frozen body, my brain goes pitter patter
If we can free the cage of limits from our prisoned minds
We can truly move ahead and leave the fixed past behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melissa Hager's "Love Is" after Sarah Jayne Kennedy

LOVE IS...  by Melissa Hager after Two of Us by Sarah Jayne Kennedy Drawing a line in the sand to judge who's i...